570 business people from across Worcestershire, Herefordshire and beyond gathered at the Worcester Arena on Thursday 15 June 2017 for the Chamber Business Awards, sponsored by Sanlam.
Over 50 finalists were shortlisted in 11 categories, ranging from Most Promising New Business to High Growth Business of the Year.
Attendees enjoyed entertainment as part of the “Best of British” theme, including a Chamber tube station themed reception, buskers, local band the Fidgets and an Abbey Road photo booth. Guests were greeted with a welcome drink sponsored by Harrison Clark Rickerbys before being led into the main Arena.
Guests were welcomed by Sharon Smith, Chief Executive of H & W Chamber, before host David Meade took to the stage. Fast becoming one of Europe’s most sought after speakers, David entertained the audience with his humour and by reading the minds of members of the audience on stage.
Guests enjoyed a delicious British three course meal and a selfie competition, with selfie sticks provided by EBC Group, before the evening moved onto the Awards ceremony. The winners are as follows:
- Excellence in Customer Service, sponsored by Handelsbanken – Kimal PLC
- Education & Business Partnership, sponsored by Worcestershire Business Central – Pershore High School
- Employer of the Year, sponsored by University of Worcester – International Glazing Services (IGS)
- Exporter of the Year, sponsored by Malvern Instruments – Haygrove Ltd
- High Growth Business of the Year, sponsored by Hewett Recruitment – Bee Lighting Ltd
- Excellence in Innovation, sponsored by Central Technology Belt – GTAccess Ltd
- Manufacturer of the Year, sponsored by QinetiQ – Kingspan Insulation
- Most Promising New Business, sponsored by MFG Solicitors LLP – SimpliWiFi
- Excellence in Professional Services, sponsored by EBC Group – Thursfields Legal Limited
- Small Business of the Year, sponsored by Orchard Valley Foods Limited – Titania Ltd
- Best Use of Technology, sponsored by Techteam – Simpli WiFi
Several businesses were also recognised with a Highly Commended Award: these included Print Strategy Europe (Excellence in Customer Service), ISO Quality Services Ltd (Excellence in Professional Services), JMDA (Exporter of the Year), The Smart Actuator Company (High Growth Business), International Glazing Services (Manufacturer of the Year) and Allvalves Online Limited (Small Business).
The finale of the Awards ceremony was the announcement of the Winner of Winners. This Award was presented to International Glazing Services, who the judges said had excelled in all areas including growth, customer service, and CSR.
Sian Conway, Marketing Manager at Titania, said: “In Herefordshire and Worcestershire we’re lucky to have such an active Chamber of Commerce and thriving business community, which Titania are proud to be a part of. The annual awards are a great opportunity to celebrate the success of business in the region, and we’re delighted to be recognised as Small Business of the Year!”
Sharon Smith, Chief Executive of H & W Chamber, said: “Another spectacular event celebrating the amazing growth, expertise and innovation of businesses in Herefordshire and Worcestershire. It was brilliant to welcome 570 key business people for an evening of entertainment, networking and celebration. Congratulations to all the winners”.
The Chamber is enormously grateful to all the sponsors of the 2017 Awards, including the category sponsors, EBC Group, Harrison Clark Rickerbys, Universal Display Ltd, drp and F8 Creates, as well as entertainment providers Clik Clik Collective. The event also successfully raised £4000 for The Prince’s Trust and #JSYouCanDoIt, the chosen charities for the night.
Pictured: Pershore High School picked up the Chamber award for Education and Business Partnership