The Worcestershire Local Enterprise Partnership (WLEP) is a public/private sector partnership responsible for driving economic and jobs growth together with new business opportunities across Worcestershire.
Having recently helped Worcestershire to achieve the highest growth in productivity and higher level workforce skills in the UK, WLEP is now looking to appoint a determined and enthusiastic Non-Executive Director responsible for providing strategic vision and leadership, to help the WLEP achieve its objectives for the benefit of all in Worcestershire.
- Bring business ideas to ensure WLEP continues to drive leading economic development in Worcestershire
- Drive forward strategic direction for the LEP as it enters an exciting phase of delivering business growth programmes
- Oversee the implementation of Worcestershire’s Strategic Economic Plan and support work programmes ensuring these are delivered on time and all key outcomes are met
We are looking for energetic Board Members who are CEOs, Directors or Entrepreneurs, possessing the following qualities:
- A passion for Worcestershire and working to the benefit of the county
- A clear strategic vision, excellent communication and leadership skills and a demonstrable understanding of economic growth drivers
- Significant experience of leadership within a successful business
- Well organised and well-connected to business and other organisations
The Board meets about six times per year and members are expected to commit to at least an additional one or two days per month to make their roles a success.
If you believe you are the right person to join the LEP Board please download an application form.
The closing date for applications is Friday 7 July 2017. Interviews will take place during July.
If you have any queries, please contact Gary Woodman, Chief Executive of Worcestershire LEP on 01905 672700.