Bishop Perowne CE College are seeking to appoint a Governor, to act as Chair of Governors in a voluntary capacity, and be part of the team that continues to drive the success of the school. The current Chair of Governors is retiring at Easter.
The rapid improvement at Bishop Perowne over recent years was recognised by OFSTED in October 2018 and all aspects of the school were rated as ‘Good’. Inspectors commented that:
- ‘Leaders have transformed the school’
- ‘The leadership team listens to staff carefully and… staff feel supported, encouraged, recognised and valued. All respondents to the staff survey said that they enjoy working at the school.’
- ‘Pupils are consistently respectful to one another and staff’
- ‘Governance is effective…’
- ‘Governors are ambitious for pupils and have supported leaders in their journey of improvement’
The College wishes to appoint someone who, above all, has the capacity for strategic thinking. There is some requirement to be available during the working day to support the functioning of the school and governance and to meet with staff and, on occasion, students. The main function lies in the ability to act as a critical friend to the leadership of the school, providing support and challenge with energy and resilience and to demonstrate an unwavering passion for ‘wanting the best’ for the young people that Bishop Perowne serves. The new Chair will support the Christian values of the school and understand current educational issues and challenges that secondary schools might face.
The College would welcome informal enquiries and the current Chair of Governors (who is retiring at Easter), Headteacher and Clerk to the Governors will be very happy to meet to answer any questions or queries.
In the first instance, contact Kate Woods (Clerk to Governors) email@example.com who can make any further arrangements as necessary.