Worcestershire businesses are being encouraged to attend one of the eleven HS2 Ltd roadshow events across the UK.
The sessions which take place in venues across the UK between May and September, are for companies interested in exploring supply chain opportunities created by HS2 and through presentations and networking, attendees will hear from, and meet with, the HS2 teams and industry partners responsible for Supply Chain, Health and Safety, Community Relations, Building Information Modelling (BIM), Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI), Skills, Employment and Education and Environment.
At each event participants will discover the scale and timing of contracts and what their business needs to do to get ready to bid. The event will attract innovative suppliers from a range of industries, infrastructure subcontractors and engineering and manufacturing companies that can diversify their operations and join the HS2 Supply Chain.
Opportunities will be created across many business sectors, requiring a wide range of capabilities and suppliers of all sizes. These will include a full range of works, goods and services to deliver major packages and supporting corporate opportunities around:
- Design services
- Professional services
- Enabling Works Contracts
- Main Works Civils Contracts (tunnels, portals, shafts, surface route)
- Railway Systems
- Rolling Stock.
There are a number of benefits for businesses attending the event:
- Hear first-hand the scale and timing of available opportunities
- Find out what and when HS2 will be buying
- Find out how to access opportunities through online portals and engagement with Tier 1 contractors
- Understand what HS2 wants from its supply chain and what you can do now to ensure your business is ready to respond to opportunities in future
- Meet representatives from across HS2 Ltd and hear about requirements relating to its strategic goals.
For further information on the Supply Chain opportunities available to businesses, download the HS2 Supplier Guide.
For more information on the Supply Chain Roadshow events, visit the HS2 Supply Chain Roadshow website.