Worcestershire’s businesses are being encouraged to attend the International Festival of Business.
The International Festival for Business 2016 (IFB2016) aspires to be the world’s leading business event for 2016. More than 30,000 delegates are expected to attend from the across the UK and overseas to create connections and do deals.
IFB2016 will showcase the UK as the go-to place to do business and will build on the success of IFB2014, which attracted companies from 92 countries and facilitated export and investment deals worth over £280 million. The festival takes places at the Exhibition Centre in Liverpool over three themed weeks from 13 June to 1 July:
- Week 1 – Manufacturing
- Week 2 – Energy and Environment
- Week 3 – Creative and Digital
Each week will be packed with high-quality content, including:
- One-to-one appointments with suppliers, buyers and investors (Meet Your Future Deal)
- Export and investment opportunities
- A range of free business services including legal, financial and marketing advice (Meet the Specialist Advisor)
- Expert-led sector-specific seminars
- World-renowned events such as TEDx, Accelerate 2016 and the Horasis Global Meeting
- Large-scale networking receptions
- Inspiring talks from leaders in the fields of business, innovation and technology (Blue Skies)
Delivered by Liverpool Vision in partnership with UK Trade & Investment and the GREAT Campaign, the festival has the full backing of the Prime Minister and the UK Government. It will feature the GREAT British Showcase – an exhibition of the latest UK innovations and products – the Exporting is GREAT Campaign’s Export Hub and the Investment Showcase.
Local businesses are being invited to attend the free event, but to guarantee entry delegates must register for the free online Business Club. The Business Club will also provide exclusive benefits during the run-up to the festival, including a range of free business-support services.