Businesses are being invited to participate in motivational Careers Fairs to help show young people a number of real career routes.
Herefordshire and Worcestershire Chamber of Commerce are working with the Careers and Enterprise Company to deliver 9 Careers Fairs across Worcestershire, and 3 across Herefordshire.
The Careers Fairs will provide young people with the information and inspiration to enable them to engage more proactively with businesses, resulting in better ‘buy-in’ to their individual careers advice plan. The events will help to provide young people with the opportunity to develop their confidence when talking with potential future employers.
The Careers Fairs will deliver:
- Preparation for young people to enter the world of work
- Conversations with business people for young people to engage in
- The opportunity for young people to feel more confident talking to business people
- A clearer understanding for young people of what career they would like when they leave school
- A greater understanding for young people about what apprenticeships are and what they could offer them
- An increased attendance at school following the event.
Herefordshire and Worcestershire Chamber of Commerce are delivering the following 9 Careers Fairs across Worcestershire:
|Tenbury Wells||1 November 2016|
|Pershore High||2 November 2016|
|Trinity||3 November 2016|
|King Charles I||3 November 2016|
|Hanley Castle||7 November 2016|
|Dyson Perrins||8 November 2016|
|Nunnery Wood||24 January 2017|
|Droitwich High School||25 January 2017|
|South Bromsgrove||(TBC) February 2017|
For further information and to register your businesses at the event, contact Herefordshire & Worcestershire Chamber of Commerce by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning 01905 673600.