Local businesses are being invited to the FindItInWorcestershire breakfast on Going Global on the 21 January 2020.
At their first event of the New Year, FindItInWorcestershire will focus on encouraging local businesses to seize trade opportunities post-Brexit to ensure that the region’s exports continue to grow. The breakfast will start at 6:45am and finishes at 9:30am at the Worcester Warriors Sixways Stadium.
Businesses in Worcestershire exported more than £1billion worth of goods to the EU last year according to the latest trade figures from HM Revenue and Customs.
It shows that 1,880 businesses registered in Worcestershire exported goods to countries in the European Union during 2018 – more than the rest of the world.
Attendees will be able to hear from Mark Armitage, Director of International Trade at the Department for International Trade, who will speak about the range of international trade services and support that the team offers to local businesses.
- Find out where the best future opportunities are
- Discover which key markets you should prioritise
- When you should target selected markets
- Understand why it is important to develop an export strategy
- Hear what approach you should take for specific markets and regions
- Learn what support and advice is available locally
Exporting is not the exclusive domain of the larger businesses – DiT and the Chamber of Commerce can help businesses embrace exporting, open up wider opportunities and establish relationships on a global platform.
To find out more and book a place on the event, visit their website on the link here.