Local organisations are being asked to submit their views and evidence to help Worcestershire Local Enterprise Partnership develop a Local Industrial Strategy for the county.
Worcestershire’s Local Industrial Strategy will set the direction for the future of Worcestershire’s economy. It will help to inform local choices, prioritise local action and, where appropriate, help to inform decisions at a national level. It will guide local investment alongside funding which is granted to Local Enterprise Partnerships.
The purpose of this call for views and evidence is to enable stakeholders to submit information they think should be included within the evidence base and that should be taken into consideration during the preparation of the Local Industrial Strategy’s emerging priorities. Evidence or views from Worcestershire businesses with specialist industry knowledge is particularly welcomed.
Stakeholders located outside of Worcestershire are also invited to submit their views and evidence where they are able to provide information that is relevant to the Worcestershire economy.
The call for Views and Evidence consists of questions based around the five Foundations of Productivity and four Grand Challenges. Below are some questions which will ensure that responses provide the information that will help to form the evidence base of the Local Industrial Strategy:
- What do you believe are the top 3 barriers to economic growth and productivity improvements for businesses in the Worcestershire area?
- Worcestershire Business Central – The growth hub provides signposting and intelligence to business support. How does the Growth Hub work with you and your team? What do you want from the growth hub?
- What specific challenges face businesses in the a) rural b) urban areas of Worcestershire?
- Where should Worcestershire focus its attention sectorally and spatially?
- How can Worcestershire position its strengths in addressing four grand challenges (Artificial Intelligence & Data, Ageing Society, Clean Growth, and the Future of Mobility)?
- Where are the most significant, viable and sustainable growth opportunities?
- How can Worcestershire ensure that all communities benefit from economic growth?
- What are the opportunities for collaboration with neighbouring areas to improve economic growth and productivity?
- What does Worcestershire need to do to change its long-term competitiveness? Where will intervention add most value? What are you prepared to commit to achieve this e.g. capital / revenue / team members?
The information that Worcestershire LEP are asking for may consist of, but is not limited to, the following types:
- Data sets
- Research papers
The evidence base will need to be robust and will be subject to external scrutiny. Therefore all information that has been submitted needs to be accurate, up-to-date and verifiable. Information of particular interest is data that is not already in the public domain.
The call for Views and Evidence will remain open to submissions until 17 May 2019.
Responses, along with attachments, should be submitted via email to email@example.com using the subject title ‘WLEP LIS Evidence’.
Please include a covering email that includes contact details, the source of the information, which of the questions have been answered and finally a very short statement explaining why this information has been submitted.
For further information, view the Local Industrial Strategy submission document here or contact the Worcestershire Research Team via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning 01905 846800