Businesses are being invited to join Worcestershire Works Well, an accreditation scheme which aims to improve employee health and wellbeing across the county.
The scheme is free to join and available to all organisations based in Worcestershire with a minimum of 2 employees.
Businesses are able to achieve 3 levels of accreditation and the toolkit focuses on health and wellbeing topics such as mental health, healthy eating, physical activity, smoking and alcohol.
This helps to bring the following benefits to the business:
- Reduced sickness and absenteeism
- Increased productivity
- Motivated and resilient workforce
- Enhanced company reputation & competitive edge
- Reduced turnover of staff
- Reduced presenteeism.
Mental health conditions are a leading cause of sickness absence in the UK. The National Institute of Clinical Excellence estimates that businesses which implement programmes to improve and promote staff wellbeing could save between £130 and £5,020 for each participating employee by reducing their absence or illness at work.
Businesses that sign up to Worcestershire Works Well receive the following:
- The Worcestershire Works Well toolkit
- Guidance and support from the team including a dedicated representative
- Invitations to networking and learning events
- Information on health and wellbeing campaigns.
For more information and to sign up, visit the Worcestershire Works Well website.
To contact the team, email firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet @WorcsWorksWell