Two Worcestershire businesses and three apprentices were successful at the West Midlands Apprenticeship Awards, with one apprentice now progressing to the National Final.
Organised by the National Apprenticeship Service, the awards recognise excellence in businesses that grow their own apprentice talent and apprentices who have made a significant contribution to their workplace.
This year the National Apprenticeship Service received over 1,200 applications from companies and individuals competing for the prestigious accolades. Regional winners and highly commended entries were announced at high-profile awards ceremonies throughout October.
The following local entries won their category at the West Midlands Apprenticeship Awards:
- ISO Quality Services – Small Employer of the Year
- Kathleen Sandford, The Community Housing Group – Intermediate Apprentice of the Year
The following local entries received highly commended:
- Green Lighting Ltd – Small Employer of the Year
- Bethany Griffin, Sanctuary Housing Association – Advanced Apprentice of the Year
- Ryan Shemwell, Green Lighting Ltd – Intermediate Apprentice of the Year
Kathleen Sandford from the Community Housing Group has been further shortlisted and will now progress to the national stage of the competition, where applications will be assessed by a national judging panel. The national winners will be announced on 26 January 2016.
For more information on the upcoming National Apprenticeship Awards, visit the gov.uk website.