Specsavers & the Specsavers concept was started in 1984 by Doug & Mary Perkins. They revolutionised the optical world introducing several new concepts to the market including a franchise model, large showrooms & excellent value for money! They changed the way people bought glasses forever & are still very much involved in the running of the business today!
Our Vision: To passionately provide best value eye & hearing care to everyone, simply, clearly and consistently, exceeding customer expectations every time
Our Values: treat people as we would like to be treated ourselves.
We are passionate about:
- Our customers – the lifeblood of our business
- Our people – supporting our staff to be the best they can be
- Partnership – at the heart of everything we do
- Communities – giving back to and working with our local communities
- Results – keep it simple, get it done, deliver on our promises
Nature of the Junior Internship Placement with Specsavers
The Junior Internship role that Specsavers are offering will be supported by the Retail Director for Worcester and Malvern. As part of the largest opticians & audiology company in the UK, Worcester Specsavers is the largest & busiest optical /audiology store in Worcester. As a franchised business, it is run by Retail Director Alan Richards & Ophthalmic Director, Dean Roberts. This placement would give the intern a broad understanding of all aspects of busy ‘high street’ retail in a healthcare environment and would provide a great insight into the wide range of opportunities and career options available within Specsavers.
There will be the opportunity to spend time in all areas of the business including:
- the call centre dealing with majority of admin & phone calls
- clinical – pre-assessment checks incl retinal imaging / OCT etc & sitting in on a sight test & hearing test
- the selling / dispensing process – assisting patients with frame-on-face technology, frame choice, taking measurements & discussing lens options suitable for their lifestyle
- the contact lens department – where all aspects of contact lens wear happen including application & removal of contacts for new wearers
- in-house glazing lab where spectacles are edged/assembled & quality checked
- with the collections team fitting the patient’s finished specs to a high standard
How to get to us by public transport:
Bus station & train stations (Shrub Hill & Foregate Street) are walking distance.
Onsite/ Local Facilities:
We have a team kitchen area equipped with tea & coffee making facilities, fridges, dishwasher & microwaves. There are a huge number of nearby city vendors to get lunch or bring in your own.