Following the challenging effects of Storms Dennis and Ciara the government has announced thousands of pounds of support, including grants, council tax relief, and business rate relief for local councils to support businesses and households affected by flooding.
The support for businesses and households affected by the recent flooding, includes:
- 100% council tax for at least 3 months for affected businesses.
- 100% Business Rates relief for at least 3 months for affected businesses.
- £2500 Business Recovery Grant for small-to-medium sized enterprises that have experienced severe and uninsurable loss due to flooding.
- £500 Community Recovery Grant for flood-hit vulnerable households in short-term need.
- £5000 resilience grant to support business and homes become more resilient to future flooding.
Furthermore, in addition to the government support, Worcestershire County Council has announced an extra emergency package of £250,000 to help communities and businesses following the worst flooding Worcestershire has seen in many years.
Kevin Aisbitt, Growth Hub Manager at Worcestershire business Central, said: “Following the recent flooding and the effect it has had on local business, the Growth Hub is on hand to direct businesses to the government support and funding available in the area. We urge any businesses that has been hit by the floods to contact our team today to find out how we can help support your business.”
All the above support can be accessed through local district councils at the links below.
For more information contact the Worcestershire Business Central team on 01905 677 888 or email email@example.com.