On Thursday 17 March, the Federation of Small Businesses (FSB) hosted the West Midlands final of its ‘Celebrating Small Business Awards’ 2022.
Around 150 finalists, sponsors, VIPs and staff packed out the prestigious event at the Forest of Arden Hotel in Meriden, where the winners in twelve award categories were announced.
The Awards recognise the ambitions and achievements of the region’s sole trader, self-employed and small businesses. Those operating in every sector and every location are encouraged to enter, free of charge and whether an FSB member or not. This year, despite the many challenges facing them, more regional small business owners than ever took the opportunity to showcase their successes.
Award-winning local businesswoman and FSB West Midlands Regional Chair Hollie Whittles commented:
“The ‘FSB Celebrating Small Business Success Awards’ have grown to become the UK’s leading showcase of the best performing, most innovative and most determined small businesses. The volume and standard of entries this year has been the best yet. At a time when the news can be full of doom and gloom, it’s really refreshing to see so many small businesses bucking the trend and achieving success. Their ingenuity, resilience and ambition are an inspiration to us all.
“I would also like to congratulate all our finalists who just missed out on taking the top spot. Each of the categories was extremely hard fought and I wish everyone shortlisted every success for the future.”
The 2022 Award categories and regional winners are as follows:
- Self-Employed/Sole Trader of the Year: Toddler Tennis, Birmingham
- High Growth Business of the Year: Cake, Birmingham
- Business & Product Innovation Award: Nourished, Birmingham
- Digital/e-commerce Business of the Year: Love Logs Limited, Brierley Hill
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year: T. J. Parry & Family Funeral Directors Ltd, Burton upon Trent
- Family Business of the Year: Flamerite Fires, Lichfield
- Start-Up Business of the Year: MOO and BOOM, Shropshire
- Wellbeing Award of the Year: Acacia Training, Stoke on Trent
- Micro Business of the Year: Kingsbury Lawn Care Limited,Tamworth
- Community Award: Paycare, Wolverhampton
- International Business of the Year: OLPRO, Worcestershire
- Environmental/Sustainability Award: AA Salt Services Ltd, Worcestershire
These winners from the West Midlands heat, along with those from eleven other regional finals, will automatically go forward to the national awards ceremony, which this year take place in Glasgow on May 19.