Local Businesses are being informed about Traffic management work that commenced on 14 May.
On Monday, 23 April, work began on setting up traffic management for the M5 junction 6 as major work is taking place. This work will complement other junction improvement work at junctions 5 and 7 to improve journey times, reduce congestion and support local and strategic economic growth.
As part of the improvement scheme, the roundabout, slip roads and all the approaches will be widened. Also an extra lane will be added to the roundabout and traffic signals will be placed on the A449 and the A4538 Pershore Lane south approaches.
To complete this work safely, businesses are being made aware of upcoming traffic management that is being put into place:
• Narrow Lanes in place on the roundabout and all approaches.
• 50mph speed limit in place reducing down to 30mph.
• Barrier in place on the M5 and A4440 approaches.
• Free recovery service in place on both Highways England and Worcestershire County Council network.
• Off-peak (8pm to 6am) full closures and lane closures.
There will be fully signed diversion routes in place for any full carriageway closures.
Highways England apologises for any disruption caused; businesses are advised to plan and allow extra time on any journeys.
For further information about the traffic management or the scheme, please visit the Highways England website here.